Europe's experts in Story-Led Learning
If you love teaching through stories, you've come to
THE RIGHT PLACE!
Scroll down for oodles of storytelling videos for you to browse or search through, told by truly Epic Storytellers including Chip from the Oxford Owl – and illustrated by Incredible Artists including the award-winning Korky Paul!
There really is no better way to teach. In controlled studies, Story-Led Learning has consistently beaten all other teaching methods…
- In 2013, the Institute of Education showed children who read for pleasure outperform their peers in every subject.
- The same year, European Lifelong Learning demonstrated that Story-Led Learners perform an average of 25% better in tests.
- In 2020, the University of Bath showed Story-Led Learning had a greater impact on children’s engagement than student-led methods and hands-on activities.
We exist to help you and your children reap the educational benefits of storytelling: increased attainment, confidence, and well-being.
Here you will also find the Epic Learning Podcast!
…in which teachers share lesson ideas based on each story, covering the entire curriculum – numeracy, science, and even PE!
Are you ready to become an Epic Educator?
"Not quite yet..."
That’s OK – there’s plenty for you to do here for free!
- Browse or search through all our stories – by title, curriculum area, or even learning outcome.
- Some storytelling videos are available to stream in full, beginning to end.
- Others have an Epic Challenge to complete. Send your learners’ creations to us and they’ll receive a personal thank you video including the ending!*
- Share the links to each story with your learners so they can watch from home.
- Join our free mailing list to hear our latest news and offers, including the arrival of each new story (twice a month)!
* Requires a paid subscription to view.
"Sounds exciting! Er...
What does it mean?"
For less than the cost of 1 new book a month, you can…
- Receive 2 new & complete illustrated stories every month!
- Instantly share every story with your class in full, beginning to end, as PDF, ebook, Kindle book, or even audio book!
- Access our online Story-Led Learning Masterclass, helping you craft compelling and effective lessons using stories!
- Find a video of telling tips for each story to help you share it with your learners yourself!
- Access every past episode of the Epic Learning Podcast – literally hundreds of free cross-curricular lesson ideas based on the stories.
- Download bonus teaching resources for many stories, created by teachers from the Epic Learning Podcast.
- Join our private Facebook and/or Telegram forums to share advice and feedback with other Epic Educators.
Joining is just £7.50 a month – or, for a limited time, pay £45 for the year and get 6 months free!
"Can my school be
an Epic School?"
Of course! Then every teacher in your school becomes an Epic Educator for life!
But that’s not all. Your school will also receive…
- Lifetime access to both our online Masterclasses – Story-Led Learning and storytelling – to support your children’s engagement with their learning.
- 3hrs consultancy with an Epic Storyteller to help you craft your first term of Story-Led lessons.
Pricing is based on the number of pupils in your school…
Browse or search for a story
Want to find a story to tackle a particular learning outcome, e.g. fractions? Try searching for “fractions”, choose a story, then listen to the associated Epic Learning Podcast to hear teachers discussing how to explore that topic with your learners using that tale!
Swipe down for results.
Filter by curriculum area
Since 13th September is Roald Dahl Day, we’re celebrating the beloved author with a folktale from his town of Great Missenden! Dahl certainly knew of this deliciously horrid villain; will she inspire your children as she inspired him?
We continue to mark “Kingdom 1000” with an extra medieval folk tale special to Epic Tales. King Edmund returns from battle with the most precious of treasures: a gold apple that promises good luck—but only if you give it away
Here’s an extra special Epic Tale. 2020 is the year of “Kingdom 1000”, celebrating 1,000 years of inclusion and human rights in the UK – and here we share the story that started it all…
In this classic European folk tale, a handsome young man gets engaged to a beautiful young woman. But it all goes horribly wrong when the handsome man discovers that his fiancée and her parents aren’t very sensible…
For the cave people of the Oogadugga Oogadugga Oogadugga clan, Stone Age life is comfortable—while the fire keeps going. The fire going out would be a disaster, as none of them know how to make it. But when it’s Dug’s
To pay a doctor to care for his sick mother, 6-year-old Abel accepts a challenge to spend a night atop a mountain with no shirt or fire to keep him warm. Will the distant support of his friend Hakim help
Your young learners will shiver with delight as they encounter ghosts and skeletons… but they needn’t fear, as Brave Mary will be by their side!
The Viking gods decide it’s time to invent stories, and mix a potion of poetry to share with the world. But when it’s stolen, the god Odin finds himself up against a troll who now has the power of the
To become strong, clever, and brave, the only thing Sir Fulladred needs is to eat a dragon’s heart. But since he’s weak, silly, and fearful, he only stands a chance against the cat-sized Yu Dragon – or does he? Let
In the land once called Persia, you wouldn’t want to go through the forest – but Merchant Ali has no choice. Let your children find out what happens to him in our version of this famous Grecian-Arabian tale!
What’s the best way to keep an incredible secret? How about turning it into an impossible one?! Let your children find out how in this tummy-tickling Russian folk tale.
When Jack gets his first job, everything is going perfectly – until he’s given a silver coin. So begins a string of disasters – but how will they end? Find out in this fun adaptation of a traditional tale brought